Q: What’s included in the tour?
- Top of the line Pedego Electric bike, helmet, insulated rear cargo bag, e-bike instructions, and your amazing guide showing you all the enchanting sites of Ashland, OR.
Q: Do I need to be able to ride a bike?
- Yes. For your safety, the group safety, and the safety of the equipment, all participants MUST be able to confidently ride a bike. If a guest is not riding confidently enough to travel safe on Ashland streets and trails, Ashlandia Electric Bike Tours will prohibit that guest from riding and will not issue a refund.
Q: Can I pedal the electric bike as a regular bicycle?
- Yes. Keep in mind that the electric bikes are heavy, so you will get a good workout without the electric assist!
Q: Do I have to pedal? Is there a throttle?
- No, you do not need to pedal to make the bike go, the Pedego Interceptor has a throttle! Or you can start peddling and the torque sensor alerts the motor to kick in depending on the amount of pressure put on the bike pedal.
Q: What is a Pedego Interceptor Electric Bike? How does it work?
- In a nutshell it is a regular bicycle with an electric motor and a 48-volt battery. It “assists” the rider in pedaling by reducing the amount of effort it takes to ride the bike.
Q: How hard is it to ride an electric bike?
- It is pretty simple but it does take a small learning period. The rider will learn how to use the basic LCD pad on the left handlebar to toggle between the five modes of power: 1 – 5, with 1 being the lowest setting and 5, the most powerful setting. On the right handlebar is a shifter that controls 7 gears.
- We recommend everyone start on flat ground in level 1 mode to get a subtle feel for the assist. When too much pressure is applied to the pedals in 5 or even 3, it has a tendency to catch new riders off guard when the bike surges forward. Once you are comfortable on the bike we recommend trying levels 2, 3, and 4, then level 5 mode.
- We will explain how to use the gears based on different riding conditions. For flat areas it is better to use higher gears (4-7) to have less pedal revolutions and go further. When going uphill you must switch to lower gears (1-4) to receive the optimum assist.
Q: Should I tip my guide?
- The tour price does not include gratuity. Gratuities are always appreciated!
Q: How long is the tour route? How fast and far can I ride?
- The tour route is 15 miles long. The bikes top out at a speed of 20 mph. The battery technology we have is some of the best on the market. Distance depends on the style of riding, the weight of the rider, and the terrain. On level 1 you can ride for up to 70 miles. On level 3 you can expect up to 50 miles. On level 5 the distance averages 25 miles.
Q: Are Child Seats and Trailers available? Can I bring small children or infants on the tour?
Q: Is there an minimum age requirement?
- Yes. All bikers must be 16 years or older. All minors under 18 years old must be accompanied by and adult.
Q: Are reservations required for tours? How far in advance do I need to book?
- Reservations are required. It is best to book as far in advance as possible to ensure availability. The summer season and the fall season do get very busy in Ashland. Call 503-901-3127 if you have any questions about the Booking with PeekPro, will guide you through the process. A full deposit via credit card is required.
Q: Where do tours start? Where do I park?
- ALL TOURS BEGIN AND END AT North Mountain Park on North Mountain Avenue.
- There is free parking in North Mountain Park next to the baseball fields.
- Directions to North Mountain Park:
- From Downtown Ashland: Head Southeast on E. Main St. (a one way road through downtown) towards Oak Street. Turn left onto Oak Street. Continue on Oak and take a right onto E. Hersey Street. Follow this road until the intersection of North Mountain Ave. Take a right turn and then an immediate left into parking lot at the intersection of Larkspure Lane and North Mountain Avenue. At the parking lot entrance there is a sign for the Bonneville Power Administration. Drive down to the second parking lot on the left, between two baseball fields and in front of a soccer field.
- From I-5 Exit 19: Follow signs to downtown Ashland.
- From I-5 Exit 14: Take exit 14 and turn West on Ashland St. Follow Ashland St. until it merges with Siskiyou Blvd. Take a right at S. Mountain Ave and continue North towards N. Mountain Ave. From N. Mountain Ave, take a right into the parking lot at the intersection of Larkspure Lane and North Mountain Avenue. At the parking lot entrance there is a sign for the Bonneville Power Administration. Drive down to the second parking lot on the left, between two baseball fields and in front of a soccer field.
NOTE: There are TWO ENTRANCES to North Mountain Park. We meet at the Larkspure Lane entrance by the baseball fields, not at the Nature Center! If you are using GPS or Google maps to find North Mountain Park, simply type “North Mountain Park.” as the destination address.
Q: Are the tours cancelled in case of rain?
- If light rain or scattered thunderstorms is in the forecast we will continue the scheduled tour. Keep in mind that we are outside and getting wet is a possibility! The electric bikes are completely sealed and are safe to operate in wet conditions. The bag where you put your valuables comes with a waterproof cover. All bikes are equipped with rain fenders.
- If heavy rain is in the forecast we will do our best to reschedule the tour to another date/time. If we reschedule the tour due to severe weather and you are unable to make another time you will receive a full refund.
Q: What is the cancellation and no show policy?
- Reservations require a full deposit via credit card. Once booked, we will send an e-mail confirmation of your tour. Deposits are fully refundable if the reservation is cancelled 2 days or 48 hours or more prior to the scheduled tour. We only have a select amount of electric bikes available for tours. No shows will be charged in full. The deposit WILL NOT be refunded for any reason within 48 hours of your scheduled tour. A signed liability waiver and declaration of fitness form is required prior to departure.
Q: Do I need to sign a liability waiver?
- Yes, each rider will need to sign a liability waiver before the trip.
Q: What are the damage and loss charges?
- All reservations require a valid ID with picture and credit card: Visa, Mastercard, or Discover will be required for booking a reservation. Your card will be charged for any damages to or loss of the electric bike. Riders are responsible for all damages to the bike. Please be aware that each electric bike costs $3,000.00.
Q: Do you accept American Express?
- No. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Q: Can I pay with cash?
- Yes. However, you must provide a valid credit card to reserve a spot on the tour in case of damage or loss. If you reserve online you cannot pay with cash since you must pay the tour deposit in full. Please call us at 503-901-3127 to reserve your spot via phone if you plan to pay with cash.
Q: Can I arrange for a private group event?
- We do offer private group tours for corporate functions, weddings, and families. Contact us for more info!
Check times & Availability